- The user can see assets they can choose from for their campaign. A Siebel sales user can see the sales proposals they have sent to their customer from the customer record.
- The integrations are certified with apps unlimited – PeopleSoft, Siebel, E-Business Suite and JD Edwards – Enterprise Application Documents works with all of these products today.
- Enterprise Application Documents is also the strategic content management system for Oracle’s Fusion Applications.
- Enterprise Application Documents enables migration between application versions and will also enable the migration to Fusion Applications. We’ve already had a number of customers throw out other content management systems, implement Oracle Content Management, and then upgrade their applications and see that, based on how our integration is written, their content moves forward with their new application version.
For end users, Enterprise Application Documents has some important ramifications:
- Users can search across application siloes. Like my previous post about Dave Hyzy from Benderson, with Oracle Content Management you can set up virtualized views of content for each audience. If your organization has E-Business Suite for AP processing, and PeopleSoft Campus Center for student on-boarding, you can setup different metadata for each use case. But for people who need to search both systems at the same time, the virtual siloes can be ignored (since is it is really one repository that is being used).
- Non-apps users can review and edit documents. If you are using Siebel Sales, and create a proposal for a customer, you probably want to run it past legal before you send it to your customer. If legal does not have a Siebel license, how can they see the document to review it? With Oracle Content Management, anyone in the organization who is authorized can review content, or even edit it.
- The documents are subject to content management. More than just a place to store documents, Oracle Content Management provides a truly enterprise-strength content management system. Users can find previous versions of a document, the documents are subject to records management, and can be placed on a hold, content is de-duplicated. All the benefits of content management are included.
As examples of Enterprise Application Documents, we have two webinars we did back in July. The first showed Oracle Content Management integrated with Siebel Call Centers. The second showed Oracle Content Management integrated with Siebel Sales and Siebel Marketing.
We’ve got a couple more coming up in November – HR for PeopleSoft and Asset Management for E-Business Suite. I’ll post the links when the invites are up.